If you don’t want to pay full price for a brand-new AC then it’s certainly worth looking at refurbished window air conditioners. You have to proceed with caution when buying anything used, though. Be sure to take note of these things before you purchase a refurbished window air conditioner:
- Window air conditioners that are labeled ‘refurbished’ are usually units that were returned by the buyer due to a technical problem or damage. The manufacturer fixes this returned product and brands it as a refurbished unit.
- Refurbished window air conditioners can offer great value for money because they are significantly cheaper as compared to the brand new ones. But before you buy, ask about the length of the warranty. Will you have enough weeks or months to evaluate the unit to completely assure yourself that you have a well-functioning unit?
- Assess the amount of money that you will save in buying a refurbished window air conditioner. Is the difference truly worth? Search for the cheapest brand new unit online and compare their prices with the refurbished air conditioner that you want to buy. If the price variance is huge and the features are the same, then you can opt to purchase the refurbished unit. If there is not much of a difference, consider going for a brand new product.
- Check to see any physical defects. If you don’t mind a few scratches on the exterior, then you can go for refurbished.
- You should know where to buy high-quality refurbished window air conditioners. You can purchase these types of units from trusted sites online. The best retailers can ship your order within 24 hours. They also offer customer support and allow you to pay for products in a number of safe and secure online payment methods.