If you are moving from the US to a foreign country, you will need to consider buying certain appliances to live comfortably. Make it a point to bring 220V small appliances to ensure that they will run without any problems. 220V is the standard in many countries, so you should not have any safety issues, and you do not have to worry about encountering any inconveniences when you need to use them. Here are the essential small appliances you must consider for your new home:
- Toaster oven – You could save space by not getting a separate toaster and a separate oven. A 220V toaster oven is a versatile kitchen appliance that can make crisp breads, bagels, pizzas, warm your food, and melt some cheese. You could even use it for baking cakes and cookies.
- Coffee maker – When you can’t live without a cup of Joe, the coffee maker is one of the 220V small appliances you should get before you move.
- Food processor – You could save time chopping vegetables and fruits by throwing them in this appliance. Many models come with different blade attachments to suit every food preparation requirement, such as making purees, grinding, or mashing. You could even use it to make soups and sauces.
- Slow cooker – A 220V crockpot may be just what you need to prepare and cook home-cooked meals more efficiently when you have to leave home for a few hours and come back to delicious food.
- Microwave – Consider bringing along a 220V microwave oven that is big enough for you or your family. It’s another versatile appliance for heating food, and you can also use it to cook some meals.
- Rice cooker – Cooking rice will be simpler when you have a rice cooker. Many units are versatile and can also be used for steaming.
Proper grooming is still essential when you’re busy traveling, especially when it comes to hair. You don’t have to worry about bad hair days when you have a 240V hair straightener that can be plugged into most electrical outlets worldwide. 240V is the standard voltage in many countries outside the US, and it is particularly used for running high power appliances, such as clothes dryers. However, it is also ideal to use for hair straighteners that require that kind of voltage, so you can safely style your mane and keep it smooth, shiny, and straight no matter where you go.
Many well-known brands manufacture 240V hair straightener. These include Conair, Philips, Revlon, Panasonic, and Braun. Some devices are dual-purpose and can also be used to make simple curls on your hair, in case you want to add some waves to your hairstyle for the day.
Your hair straightener will keep your locks looking their best, so you can feel confident about the way you look, and you do not have to worry about dull or curly hair.
Keep in mind that appliances running on 240V are not for use in the USA. Despite that, you can take them with you anywhere, especially if you frequently travel to other countries that use that voltage. With your hair straightener, you can reduce or eliminate the need for salon treatments to keep your hair straight and properly styled. You can keep your hair sleek and silky straight on your own in the comfort of your rented property or hotel no matter where you choose to go.
A high-quality 240V hair straightener can come with many different features to ensure safe and convenient use. For instance, some models have adjustable temperatures from 140 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and an edge-to-edge ceramic heater for fast heat recovery and even heat distribution. The swivel cord won’t get in the way as it follows wherever you choose to move it.
The purpose of the 220V whole house dehumidifier is to eliminate moisture from indoor air throughout your home to prevent dust mites and mold from thriving. It is particularly useful if your entire house has poor ventilation or certain spaces where humidity tends to collect, like basements. The 220V can be used abroad when you travel or relocate to another country that uses that Voltage. That way, you can avoid any discomfort attributed to humid air. Humidity is also seen as a culprit for furniture and floor or ceiling damage, especially when it causes certain materials to degrade due to constant exposure to moisture and long-term exposure to mold and fungus.
Investing in a 220V dehumidifier is the first step towards a healthier and comfortable home. It works by drawing air over the cold coils to condense the moisture out, and then it passes the air over the warm coils before delivering it back into the room. Whole-house dehumidifiers work with your heating and cooling system to draw the air through return ductwork. The moist and warm air is pulled into it to cool down, so moisture condenses into water droplets. Water is stored in a collection pan or container to be drained directly down a drain, and the dry hair is delivered to your desired room temperature.
A regular dehumidifier could remove around 10 to 50 pints of water daily, but the amount depends on the humidity level. The 220V whole house dehumidifier can remove more since it is taking care of humidity throughout the property. Setting it up should be easy, as you only need to plug it into a compatible electrical outlet, and it will be ready to use. A 220V dehumidifier can come with different features, so it’s important to look at different brands and models. Consider ENERGY STAR compliant models with washable filters, a 24-hour timer, and auto restart.