If you are moving from the US to a foreign country, you will need to consider buying certain appliances to live comfortably. Make it a point to bring 220V small appliances to ensure that they will run without any problems. 220V is the standard in many countries, so you should not have any safety issues, and you do not have to worry about encountering any inconveniences when you need to use them. Here are the essential small appliances you must consider for your new home:
- Toaster oven – You could save space by not getting a separate toaster and a separate oven. A 220V toaster oven is a versatile kitchen appliance that can make crisp breads, bagels, pizzas, warm your food, and melt some cheese. You could even use it for baking cakes and cookies.
- Coffee maker – When you can’t live without a cup of Joe, the coffee maker is one of the 220V small appliances you should get before you move.
- Food processor – You could save time chopping vegetables and fruits by throwing them in this appliance. Many models come with different blade attachments to suit every food preparation requirement, such as making purees, grinding, or mashing. You could even use it to make soups and sauces.
- Slow cooker – A 220V crockpot may be just what you need to prepare and cook home-cooked meals more efficiently when you have to leave home for a few hours and come back to delicious food.
- Microwave – Consider bringing along a 220V microwave oven that is big enough for you or your family. It’s another versatile appliance for heating food, and you can also use it to cook some meals.
- Rice cooker – Cooking rice will be simpler when you have a rice cooker. Many units are versatile and can also be used for steaming.