The Black & Decker Handy Steamer is a device that can be used for a variety of purposes—not just for steaming vegetables. It will allow you to whip up delicious dishes like a professional chef. Because of its versatile functionality, a Black & Decker Handy Steamer is a great tool to have in the kitchen. Here are some tips that you can use to maximize the features of this product:
- This device can reach high temperatures, so it is the best to use long-handled tongs or utensils with this steamer. When removing the lid, take care not to hurt yourself. The surface of the steamer and the steam itself is extremely hot.
- Simply fill the water reservoir before you start cooking. The water will provide the steam which will cook your food. To add flavor to your cooked meals, you can include lemon juice, white wines, broths, and other spices to the water. However, do not use liquids that can stain the reservoir, such as red wines, fruit juices, beer, oil, vanilla, and other spice extracts.
- Always remember to use the drip tray whenever the rice cooker tray is not used to prevent oil drippings from falling into the reservoir. Save these juices or oils for your gravy and soup stock.
- Place the food inside the steaming bowl. You can add herbs, lemon slices or other seasoning mix to make your dish tastier and more delicious.
- If you want to cook your food for less than 15 minutes, turn the timer past 15 minutes and then turn to the desired time.
- You can use the cover of the Black & Decker Handy Steamer as a trivet or base. Simply put the steaming bowl on top of it.
Steaming is a healthier way of cooking. From simple steamed veggies to dumplings, you can make everything using the Black & Decker Handy Steamer.