Now is a good time to start bracing yourselves for the colder months by purchasing a high-quality 220V electric heater. It can be a space heater that can provide added warmth to any room. However, proper use is recommended to make sure that it can efficiently heat your home and keep you comfortable when the temperatures drop. If you get it right, it should not increase your energy bills down the line. Here are some tips to help ensure effective use of your 220-electric heater:
- Pick the right heater – If you are still about to get a 220v electric heater for a larger space, consider an electric panel or convection heater. Some units have fans, which can help distribute heat evenly throughout the room. However, if you only need to heat a smaller room for a short period of time, go for a compact portable electric heater.
- Do not leave it on – Leaving your electric space heater working overtime can wear it down fast. Use it only when necessary, such as when you are sleeping or in a room.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat – With this device, you do not have to worry about forgetting to turn the heat up or down. It can learn your heating habits, too.
- Wear warm clothing – Turn the temperature down by 10 degrees to minimize energy consumption. This will help you save up to 15 percent on your utility bill this winter. If it’s still too cold, consider wearing warm clothing, including thick socks & a comfortable sweater.
- Apply targeted heat – 220v electric space heaters are great for targeted use while everyone is home. They work best in smaller rooms, but make sure that all doors are closed to keep the heat in.
- Do not rely on ventilator fans too much – Modern bathrooms & kitchens have ventilator fans to eliminate fumes and odors. However, these appliances can deprive those areas of heat as they can suck it away. So, use them only when needed, and turn them off when not in use.