LCD stands for liquid crystal display and this technology has significantly upgraded the quality of digital TVs. There are 3 types of video standards used around the world: PAL, SECAM and NTSC. A multi-system TV can play all three standards, and can thus be called the ‘global TV.’ A multi system LCD TV is capable of supporting more than one of the above three video systems listed. A multisystem LCD TV also boasts many impressive features.
- The display panel has picture elements (or pixels) that determine the resolution of the flat panel display. Hence the higher the pixels, the better the resolution.
- LCD TVs are energy efficient and save a lot of power when compared to old traditional TV sets. They might cost more, but they can save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Their ultra slim design gives them a sleek look. They are also wall mountable because of they are thin and lightweight, making them suitable for smaller spaces.
- Multisystem LCD TVs also have high definition features that provides for the best experience in terms of digital entertainment.
- They have multiple input options. From your DVD player to your computer, almost every device can be connected to the multisystem LCD TV. These many inputs options increase a multisystem LCD TV’s versatility.
But perhaps the biggest advantage of a multisystem LCD TV is that it can play many different kinds of television signal formats like PAL, SECAM and NTSC. Since different places in the world have different television signal formats, a multisystem LCD TV will help you connect anywhere and everywhere you move. This way, you will get the best value for your money. Thus, it is wise to buy a multisystem LCD TV rather than a single format type.