Every 220 volt electric heater can be prone to damage, malfunctioning, and cause fires when not used properly. Hence, it is always important to practice proper usage of an electric heater to ensure efficient and safe heating. Using your 220 volt electric heater more efficiently may help reduce your heating bills, too. Take a look at these tips to help run your electric heater more efficiently:
- Heat only the space that you are using – You do not need to crank up the heat in all space heaters in your home if you are staying only in one room. Doing so will contribute to higher heating bills. Never leave the heater unattended. Hence, turn it off if you are leaving your room or your home for extended periods.
- Set the right temperature – Most people tend to feel comfortable when their heaters are running at 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius) while watching TV or reading, 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20 degrees Celsius) while working around the house or doing chores, and 61 degrees Fahrenheit (16 degrees Celsius) while sleeping.
- Clean your heater – Dust could build up in the heater, so remember to clean it once in a while. A bit of vacuuming can help remove dirt and dust from baseboard heaters.
- Set it up in the right place – Keep your 220 volt electric heater away from drapes, heavy carpets, and furniture to make sure that heat can be delivered efficiently. Make sure there are no obstructions to reduce the risk of fire.
- Choose the right size of heater – Make sure that your 220 volt electric heater is large enough for your room.
- Less is more – It may be surprising to know that you can keep yourself warm with less heat from your 220 volt electric heater. Small changes like bundling up, wearing warm clothing, and using blankets can help keep you warm without having to turn up the thermostat. You can save on heating this way, too.