Rice is a staple food for billions of people around the world. If you have to cook rice often, it is wise to invest in a rice cooker. Consistently perfect rice is a guarantee if you own a rice cooker. This appliance is fully automatic and usually, switches to the “warm” mode after the rice is cooked. So, you will have ready to eat hot rice once the timer goes off.
There are a lot of benefits in owning a 220-volt rice cooker. Some of them are listed below:
- No cooking gas required: It is completely electric and does not require gas oven top set up in your kitchen. A rice cooker is a self-sufficient kitchen appliance which is good to go on its own. All it needs is a power outlet.
- Portable: Rice cookers, however, large sized they are, are usually portable. They can be carried around from place to place.
- Perfect cooking: Rice cooked in a rice cooker is seldom over or under done. The measurements are clearly inscribed on the insides of the rice cooker. All you have to do is pour in the perfect proportions of water and rice.
- No monitoring required: Unlike pressure cookers, rice cooker does not require your presence to work. Just get the rice cooker started and you are free to do other chores. This appliance does not need constant monitoring.
- Easy cleaning: Rice cooker is made of non-stick material and makes cooking and cleaning an easier job. There won’t be any rice sticking to the pot, so cleanup is a breeze.
- Safety: This appliance has an indicator light that ensures safety while cooking. It is also easy to handle and use on a daily basis.
- Other uses: A 220-volt rice cooker can also be used for making various other things. You can boil eggs, steam meats, and vegetables, and even make soups and stews.